- She’s a good down-to-earth cook. I love her food… no wait, adore her food!
Nothing beats her Gratin with leek and ham; or her chicory with cheesesaus. And then I forgot to mention the chocolate mousse and tiramisu. Oh the rice porridge.
Now excuse me while I wipe off my drool…
- Her fashion advice is the best. When I ask her what to wear, she tells me: eeny – meeny – miny – moe!
- She has the best nicknames for all of us. My brother is called ‘Cowboy’, my sister-in-low is ‘Poppemie’, I’m ‘Mop’ and the boyfriend is ‘Snorremans’, or loosely translated: moustache man.
- She completely accepts our weirdness. This woman did not even blink when I decided to put a unicorn on my dashboard as a mascotte, with an integrated NFC chip. And she actually encourages the Mr. Ewww project.
- She’s funny. Hilarious even. No one makes class act remarks like my mum.
- No matter how crowded the environment, my mum is always easy to find. She’s usually the loudest in the room. Comes in pretty handy.
- By far, she must be one of the strongest people I know. No matter how rough things get, she always stands tall, supporting all around her. Oh, and don’t pick a fight with her. I promise you, you’ll lose.
- Connected to that, she’s a real Mater Familia. Being the second youngest among her siblings didn’t stop her from becoming the alpha of the family. She rules with a kind heart and a strong hand, taking care of all of us.
- My mum never gave up on me and is always on my side. Whatever happens, I know she’s there to encourage me or give me a good kick in the ass.
- We have an amazing open relationship. I can talk to her about anything, from sex to awkward health issues. I don’t know a lot of people that can send a daily poop report to their mum without it getting weird.
Conclusion: my mom ROCKS!
Next up in the corny series: Ten reasons why my dad is equally awesome.